HOW TO SOLVE MIGRAINES: Medical Treatments
Intended to treat high blood pressure, angina, and fast heartbeats, these drugs, which include propranolol, metoprolol, and timolol, are also used to prevent migraines because they are thought to affect relevant blood vessels.
For some migraine sufferers, prescription drugs to stop seizures (such as topiramate and valporic acid) also reduce migraine frequency by at least 50%, possibly because they inhibit some neurotransmitters.
Approved by the FDA in 2010, Botox injections to treat chronic migraines are a clinically proven preventive. A treatment involves about 31 shots, given about every 12 weeks. Side effects are rare.
HOW TO SOLVE MIGRAINES: Natural Remedies
Several studies have found that it provides some of the same long-term results as drugs but without side effects. The treatment can provide real relief.
Avoid hot dogs
Diet plays a vital role in preventing migraines. Many foods and beverages are known migraine triggers, such as:
- foods with nitrates including hot dogs, bacon, and sausage
- cheese that contains the naturally-occurring compound tyramine, such as blue, feta, cheddar, Parmesan, and Swiss
- alcohol, especially red wine
- foods that are very cold such as ice cream or iced drinks
- processed foods
- pickled foods
- dried fruits
- cultured dairy products such as buttermilk, sour cream, and yogurt
Apply lavender oil
Inhaling lavender essential oil may ease migraine pain. According to 2012 research, people who inhaled lavender oil during a migraine attack for 15 minutes experienced faster relief than those who inhaled a placebo.
Sign up for yoga
Yoga uses breathing, meditation, and body postures to promote health and well-being. Research shows yoga may relieve the frequency, duration, and intensity of migraines. Yoga supports overall health and may be beneficial as a complementary therapy.
In a recent study, patients who took 400 mg of riboflavin (vitamin B2) daily experienced significantly fewer migraines after 3 months. CoQ10, another supplement, also proved effective in preventing migraines in a clinical study.
CoQ10 Red is produced by Anti-Aging Pharmacy. In addition to preventing migraine headaches, this product has many other benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Reduced migraine headaches
- Prevention and improvement of cardiovascular diseases
- Reduce recovery after heart surgery
- Reduce blood sugar and blood pressure
- Increased energy and treat chronic fatigue
- Improve fertility in women and men
- Prevention of cancers, especially prostate and breast
- Effective in the treatment of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Prevention of wrinkles of the skin